Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting
Q: I want to buy a pattern as a Digital Download, but I don't see it online. Is it available?
A: Yes! We have over 300 patterns available and it simply isn't feasible to load them all online as a Digital Download. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to order your pattern as a digital download.
Q: I ordered a Digital Download, but I haven't received anything. How do I get my Digital Download?
A: Our Digital Downloads are automatically emailed immediately when you complete your purchase. If you didn't receive it, then it's due to the various filters and restrictions that your email service provider uses.
Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done by us at Patch Abilities. You will likely need to contact us at email@example.com
to receive your Digital Download. In the future, you may need to do something called "Whitelisting" for our emails. This is simply a process where your tell your email service provider that our emails are not spam and are safe for you to receive. Guidance can be found from Whitelist Guide
on how to perform this. Again, this isn't something that we can help you with directly -- it's a filtering/restriction that your email service provider uses to block unwanted and/or unsafe emails.
Q: I am using one of your PDF files from a Digital Download, but it's not printing certain tracings, pictures, or other images. What's going on?
A: Unless these images and tracings are missing from the file as you view it on your computer screen, the issue is with your PDF viewing application (such as Adobe Acrobat). The best place to start is by ensuring that you have the most current version of the PDF viewing software application. This can usually be accomplished within the software you use under the "Help" menu. Otherwise, you can usually search for help online using Google, Bing, or your favorite search engine.
There are also various Print settings within your PDF viewing software that can cause the images to not print. It's difficult to troubleshoot your specific software from a FAQ, but online searches and software-specific forums are good places to search. Generally speaking, if you're having an issue with your software, someone else has had it, too ... and the solution is out there to be found and read. Because this is a specific, software-related issue, there is little that Patch Abilities can do to solve this. We can only ensure that our files are complete and uncorrupted.
Q: Where do I get the fabrics to match the patterns? Do you sell the fabric?
A: Your local shop will be the best place to get fabrics that will look great with our patterns. While it might not be the same exact fabric that we used for our samples, it's still going to look amazing. Patch Abilities doesn't sell or even stock fabrics.
Q: I'm looking for an older pattern, but can't find it. Is it discontinued?
A: No. Patch Abilities does not EVER discontinue patterns. It's possible that the pattern you want hasn't been loaded onto our website or maybe hasn't been categorized properly. In any case, just give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we can locate the pattern for you.
Q: I love one of your patterns, but would like it in a Machine Embroidery format. Do you have that option?
A: We have dozens of Machine Embroidery patterns available, but we don't offer an ME version for each pattern we've ever made. You can browse our Machine Embroidery offerings
and then email us at email@example.com with any questions or requests.
Q: Why is your shipping so high?
A: The short answer is because USPS, UPS, and others rates are so high. We, unfortunately, have to pass along the high prices of shipping to you. We're not a huge corporation that has negotiated favorable rates. We pretty much pay the same rates as any individual would. We try to reuse and recycle as much packing material as we can to keep costs down, but the unfortunate reality is that it's just expensive. I promise you all that shipping is NOT a profit center for our business!
We recommend larger orders to amortize the shipping costs or, even better, to shop at your local quilting and hobby shop. How would you like to have your very own Patch Abilities catalog?
"What's in it?" you ask? It contains photos of my stamp collection.
Duh . . . it contains all the available Patch Abilities patterns, that's what. That along with all the hangers that we stock and all the button/embellishment packs that correspond with each pattern.
So, if you want it, then just download a copy here.
All designs published by Patch Abilities, Inc. are protected by Unites States Federal Copyright laws.
What exactly does that mean?
You may NOT:
- use my designs or any parts thereof, in projects for yourself or friends.
- make and/or sell a quantity (not to exceed 10) of projects using my designs, or parts thereof, as long as you indicate somewhere on the finished project, that the design was by Patch Abilities, Inc. This includes the sale of finished projects for sale online. For quantities of greater than 10, please contact Patch Abilities for information on how to license our designs for commercial use.
- save and print the pdf files of corrections found on the "oops" page, consistent with your own use.
Please remind yourself that the quilting industry is full of great projects, because of small designers such as myself. We make our living from the sales of our patterns and designs. Think about it and please pay it forward.
- copy any written instructions, photos, or graphics for any purpose other than your own personal use. This includes making/distributing copies for use in teaching and sharing reproduced copies with your friends.
- use our designs or any parts thereof as part of your own designs that you sell to others without listing Patch Abilities as the source of the design.
- save or copy any graphics or photos from this website without our permission.
- sell commercially in quantities larger than 10 projects using my designs, or parts thereof, without express written permission (e.g., license).
If you have any doubts or other questions on this topic, please contact us! If you own a shop and would like information on wholesale pricing, quantities, and terms, please contact us with your shop information.
Our wholesale terms are as follows:
- Prepayment on all orders prior to shipping
- We do not have minimum quantities on any items for individual sale
- We sell to shops with a "brick and mortar" storefront.
- If you have an online business only, please contact one of the wholesale distributors shown below.
- Shipping is calculated on the actual cost to ship to you. We prefer to ship via UPS.